Monday, April 20, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 13: Atlanta Bound!

This week has certainly been a crazy one. I finally committed to go to Emory for an MPH in Epidemiology late on Sunday. I swear I stared at the screen for 20 minutes before clicking the “submit” button on their admissions acceptance website. A bunch of money and anxiety later, I have officially committed to Emory for this fall! Imagine my surprise when I found out the next day that I was accepted to Tulane’s MSPH in Tropical Medicine and Parasitology program. I immediately second-guessed my decision, even though I had considered my potential acceptance to Tulane while making it. After a ridiculously drawn out conversation with both my mom and my grandma, my two best sounding boards, I realized that I’d made the right decision. That was just too much for a Monday.


As the semester winds down, I’ve been getting more and more anxious/excited/sentimental about graduation. Now that I’m facing a move across the country and leaving all of my friends and family behind, I’m trying to make the most of the time I have left. I’ll be spending my summer here in OKC with my grandma instead of moving back to Tucson, but I’ll be going to visit my parents at some point, hopefully.

There is just so much going on right now that sometimes it seems like it might be impossible to keep up. I will definitely be looking forward to summer when I’m not pulling all-nighters anymore and can relax some. I should probably start looking for a job though… I’ve really enjoyed the reading that I’ve been able to do for this class, as it gave me a nice respite from the other classes I’ve been taking. Hopefully I will be able to read more for pleasure this summer, though I know Emory has required summer reading, something I thought I left behind in high school…


Emory's Rollins School of Public Health

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lillian,

    Congratulations on getting accepted into all of those schools! That’s awesome that you’re going into epidemiology. I definitely do not think that I would be able to keep up with the course work for that at all. It seems like these weeks leading up graduation are some of the most hectic I have had in college. It is definitely a juggling act of trying to keep up with class and trying to decide what I will be doing after I graduate. Good luck at Emory!

    ReplyDelete