Friday, May 1, 2015

Week 15 Famous Last Words: Nostalgia

Wow, it seems so strange to be at the end of my final semester here at OU. Everything is starting to pile up all at once, and it's getting really hectic. I'm trying to take some time to really take everything in before I move out after graduation. I'm not sure when I'll come back to Norman, if ever, but I will remember my time here with fondness. I made so many wonderful memories with great friends that I couldn't possibly look back without feeling nostalgic.

The weather has been a wonderful way to really enjoy my last days here on campus. I wish we had this weather all of the time, but I suppose you can't learn to appreciate the sunshine without some cloudy days. I know that I feel my best on days like today. I found myself even smiling as I walked across campus, which would be a surprise to anyone who knows me, as I have “bitchy resting face.” But even I cannot resist the feeling of joy that comes with spring. It’s my favorite time of year for a reason, after all.

Looking back, there is so much I wish I would have done, and not much that I regret doing honestly. I think that if I could tell my freshman year self one thing, it would be to say yes more and to give 110% to everything you get involved with. Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb, and don’t put yourself in a box too early. You never know what undiscovered passion might surprise you!

This class has been a really cool way to explore other cultures, and I’ve really enjoyed getting to flex my creative muscles for it. My storybook project ended up being something I really enjoyed doing, and I found myself wishing that I’d had more opportunities to do similar projects in other classes.

YAY GRADUATION!

The graduating seniors from my sorority pledge class (personal photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment